The Kano State Government under the leadership of His Excellency, the Executive Governor Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso since its inception in May, 2011 had approved 100% Scholarship Awards to deserving Kano State Indigenes to undergo various disciplines at the levels of undergraduate and postgraduate respectively at various universities in eleven (11) selected Countries abroad effective from 2011/2012 academic session.
The countries are: Malaysia, United Arab Emirate (UAE), Poland, Ukraine and Turkey/Cyprus. Others include India, China, Egypt, Jordan, United Kingdom (UK) and Uganda.
The Government has so far awarded scholarships under this special programme through the Board as follows:
• 501 Postgraduate Students placed in 12 Countries: U. S. A., United Kingdom, India, Malaysia, Egypt, Sudan, Poland, Ukraine, U. A. E., Turkey, Jordan and China at a total cost of N3,540,000,000.00 (Billion).
• 502 Postgraduate Students in 12 Countries for Masters Degree Programmes at a total cost of N3,140,000,000.00 (Billion).
• 300 Male and Female Undergraduate MBBS/Pharmacy Students in Sudan, India, Egypt and Uganda at a total cost of N768,767,370.00.
• 100 Pilot Trainees in Jordan at a total cost of N1,200,000,000.00 (Billion).
• 25 Marine Engineers in India and United Kingdom – N195,600,000.00
• 10 Train the trainers experts in the United Kingdom – N50,000,000.00.